BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

September 1, 2009

Holy Shnikes, we have 4 kids!!

This morning I felt that I was living in the "Cheaper By the Dozen" movie. We all had to get ready to go to school to meet the teacher. We had all morning but, Oh my, it was crazy here. I am not even sure why it was crazy, it just was!
A few things that I am thinking lately: we are going to need to get a membership to Sam's Club (can't keep food in the house, this may be more due to the boys, but Misgana can eat!), We are flying through toilet paper, like a roll and a half a day(what are they doing with it?), we need a bigger bed (Misgana has decided to sleep with us), I need to go to bed earlier (like before 8), our house shrunk while we were in ET (we prefer cozy so that's ok). I have a few more thoughts but, OH, they're gone now!
All that being said we are doing very well!! The bio kids are absolutely in love with their sister! We have been so proud of how they have risen to the occasion to welcome Misgana and also adapt to our new family. Misgana is also growing so much everyday. She is understanding so much more everyday. She is exerting her will also. She really likes the word "No". We are not too frustrated with it, however, it is good to see her have an opinion and engage in family life. Talk to me next week I may be frustrated then! She is very silly. Her humour is so much like the rest of us. I am amazed, that this child born so far from here, from us, could fit us so perfectly. Of course, it is God! He orchestrated this family from the beginning when children were just twinkles in our eye.
I often think Holy Schnikes we did it, we adopted our girl, we have 4 kids!! OH MY!!
Vicki

7 chit chats:

Demarie said...

Isn't it amazing how the child the just so happens to be available at the exact right moment fits so well in your family? ;-) God is SOOO Good!!!! So happy to hear you are all doing well and adjusting!

The LaHuis Family said...

YEAH, it sounds like you all are doing so well. Have fun in all you do:)

JourneyToNumberThree said...

Glad things are going well! Oh, and Sam's Club is Great!!! God Bless

HollyMarie said...

Your post had me crackin' up. :) It IS amazing how just ONE extra body can change everything. Glad you guys are doing well and Misgana is feeling comfortable enough to be herself... now the fun begins! ;)

The Addington's said...

After we got home with Ben, very often I had a hard time remembering how many plates to set on the table. Sounds kinda silly, but it was true! It's a big leap to four!!

Debbie O said...

That is all so amazing! I love God's work, it never ceases to put me at awe...and in a case of shivers. Loving watching things unfold. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

SVDEUR,
We just love you guys and my eyes water when I think of sweet Misgana and the scared look in her eyes at the airport in Addis and then see the picture of her trying to braid your son's hair. Praise God!