BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

August 14, 2009

Bacon bits

Yesterday was a tough day. Misgana was making good progress and then we hit some tests that tested her trust in us. She is such a strong little girl - amazing.

Today she woke up perky and connecting well with our oldest daughter Autumn. She ate a banana, some cheerios, and even a little bacon! This is great because if her eating and drinking improves we can hopefully get home.

We are praying and hoping to get home today... we'll see.

She's starting to talk a little which is nice. She has the cutest little tiny high scratchy voice. Love that little lady!

On a side note - I (Steve) am preaching this Sunday - should be interesting following a week in Ethiopia and then a week at DeVos Children's Hospital. Looking forward to seeing many of our faith family members. If we are home I expect Vicki to hang at home with Misgana as she continues to recover and I'll take the other kiddos to our gathering.

Have a great day!

We are thanking God for His faithfulness.

2 chit chats:

Rachel said...

Hello Deur Family! I am new to your blog, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm so terribly sorry to hear that your little one is sick. I hope her health turns around very soon and you are able to bring her home. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. I hope to go back through your blog and read about your journey. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Rachel

Margaret and Cordel said...

PRAISE GOD for PROGRESS!! Praying that you are back home asap and that Misgana continues to heal, to feel connected and to progress!!!